NADTC is excited to announce our first-ever photo contest!
We are seeking photos that illustrate our mission: to increase the availability and accessibility of community transportation options for older adults and people with disabilities.
All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on April 28, 2017.
What are we looking for?
Photos that illustrate the NADTC mission may depict a wide variety of subjects, such as:
- Service animals assisting their owners as they ride or get ready to ride transportation;
- Vehicle operator assistance;
- Caregivers or family providing support to an individual using transportation;
- Transportation riders/prospective riders using technology that supports transportation access or accessible mobility;
- Examples of good customer service or travel training.
Who can enter?
The contest is open to individuals who are transportation users or advocates and organizations that provide, fund or are involved in (e.g., plan, advocate for, promote) community transportation and serve older adults and/or people with disabilities. Older adults and people with disabilities do not necessarily need to be your only target audience, but they should be pictured in your submitted photos. We will accept photos from state or local government agencies, as well as nonprofit and for-profit organizations. We will accept entries from the United States only.
How many photos can you enter?
You may enter no more than three (3) photographs.
NADTC will award first, second and third place winners plus 15 honorable mention winners. All winning applicants will receive a certificate, and photos will be recognized and displayed at the n4a Annual Conference in Savannah in July 2017.
- The First Place Winner will receive a $100 gift card and the winning photo will be featured on the NADTC website.
- The Second Place Winner will receive a $50 gift card and the photo will be featured on one of the NADTC’s social media vehicles.
- The Third Place Winner will receive a $25 gift card and the photo will be featured on one of the NADTC’s social media vehicles.
- Fifteen (15) Honorable Mention Winners will also be announced and will be featured during the coming year on NADTC social media vehicles or publications.
All entries must be made in the NADTC Fluid Review system. Entering the contest is easy!
Here’s how it works:
Step 1: Create an account: www.nadtc.fluidreview.com and log in.
- If you have previously registered and applied for an NADTC opportunity, you will have an existing account. Use your existing account information to sign in. If you forgot your password, click “Trouble Logging In” and you will be provided with instructions to reset your password.
- If you have not previously applied for an NADTC opportunity, please register for an account by clicking “Sign Up”. An email will be sent to you to complete and confirm registration.
Step 2: Submit your photo(s), fill out the prompts and upload the provided Photo Release Form.
Step 3: You’re done!
- All submitted photos must be in digital format and high resolution. All digital files must be 1 to 7 megabytes, in jpeg or tif format. Each entered photo must be described.
- To be considered for a cash award and posting of the winning photo on the NADTC website or other social media, the submitted photo(s) must be in landscape format.
- NADTC will also accept photos in portrait format. Portrait photos will be considered for an honorable mention certificate.
- Images must show the entire body of a person or group of people. Images should show people from the front or side, not from the back. Any action taking place in the photo (e.g., wheelchair securement, ramp or lift use, assistance) should reflect appropriate implementation of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Close-ups of feet, hands, mobility devices, vehicle parts or transportation infrastructure will not be considered. We reserve the right to eliminate a photo from consideration if it is inappropriate.
- NADTC will own the rights to all submitted photographs and reserves the right to use them on any future publications, on our website or other social media sites. The copyright of all images will remain with Photographer. NADTC has permission to use the images in any official publications, website, and trade media. Distribution or access to high-resolution files and/or distribution of prints made from the digital images to others outside of NADTC for business or personal use not stated above is not permitted without permission of Photographer.
- You must complete and sign the Photo Release Form included as part of NADTC’s Photo Contest Entry Form. Your organization must own all legal rights to the submitted photos and have in your files a paper copy of the release form from the individual pictured in the photo. If your organization submits a photograph of a stranger(s) and you were unable to get them to sign a release form, you may still enter your photograph(s). However, in order for the photo to be considered, you must provide a detailed description of the circumstances of your photograph. Photos that violate or infringe upon another person’s rights are not eligible.
All winning photographs will in some way represent the NADTC mission, showing accessible transportation for older adults and/or people with disabilities. Together, the winning photographs will:
- Show diversity.
- Include a variety of settings: urban, suburban, rural and Tribal.
- Depict different transportation modes, such as: Dial-a-Ride, Fixed Route, Motor Coach, Commuter Rail, Bike Share, Paratransit, Shared Ride, Volunteer Transportation, Ferry or Float Plane.
Who selects the winners?
NADTC staff will review and select the top 18 photographs and determine the winners of the First, Second and Third Place Prizes and the Honorable Mentions.
Will I be notified if my photo was/was not selected?
Yes. All entrants will be notified of the winning photo selection.