NADTC Sixth Annual Photo Contest!
We are seeking photos that shine a light on how your transportation program meets the needs of older adults and people with disabilities in your community.
All entries must be received by 11:59 pm ET on September 30, 2022.
What are we looking for?
Photos that depict a wide variety of subjects, such as:
- Racially and ethnically diverse populations using transportation;
- Racially and ethnically diverse drivers/transportation staff or volunteers;
- Youth and Young Adults with disabilities using transportation;
- Transportation vehicles or riders showing diverse cultures/cultural symbols;
- Caregivers, family or volunteers providing support to an individual using transportation;
- Tribal transportation;
- Rural transportation;
- Volunteer transportation;
- Service animals assisting their owners as they ride or prepare to board transportation;
- Transportation riders using technology that supports transportation access or accessible mobility;
- Good customer service or travel training;
- Vehicle operator assistance;
- Transportation dispatch;
- Coordination or Planning
- Meetings with older adults and people with disabilities
Who can enter?
The contest is open to individuals who are transportation users or advocates and organizations that provide, fund or are involved in (e.g., plan, advocate for, promote) community transportation and serve older adults and/or people with disabilities. Older adults and people with disabilities do not necessarily need to be your only target audience, but they should be pictured in your submitted photos. We will accept photos from state or local government agencies, as well as nonprofit and for-profit organizations. We will accept entries from the United States only.
How many photos can you enter?
NADTC will award first, second and third place winners plus honorable mention winners. All winning applicants will receive a certificate.
- The First Place Winner will receive a $100 gift card and the winning photo will be featured on the NADTC website.
- The Second Place Winner will receive a $50 gift card and the photo will be featured on one of the NADTC’s social media vehicles.
- The Third Place Winner will receive a $25 gift card and the photo will be featured on one of the NADTC’s social media vehicles.
- Honorable Mention Winners will also be announced and will be featured during the coming year on NADTC social media vehicles or publications.
All entries must submit an application and photo release form. Entering the contest is easy!
Here’s how it works:
Step 1: Complete and submit an application.
- Include the name of your organization (if submitting on behalf of organization) and your full name in the Subject Line of the email (e.g., Subject: NADTC – Mary Smith)
- Include a title and description of each picture submitted.
Step 3: You’re done!
- All submitted photos must be in digital format and high resolution. All digital files must be 15 megabytes or smaller, in JPEG or.jpeg format and 300 dpi or higher. In order for your photo to be used in print, it must be at least 2,400 pixels wide (or 8 inches) if a horizontal image or 2,400 pixels tall (if a vertical image). Each entered photo must have a description. Please caption your entries carefully. Make sure the description and photo file numbers match. The caption must be complete and accurate, sufficient to convey the circumstances in which the photograph was taken.
- To be considered for a cash award and posting of the winning photo on the NADTC website or other social media, the submitted photo(s) must be in landscape format.
- NADTC will also accept photos in portrait format. Portrait photos will be considered for an honorable mention certificate.
- Images must show the entire body of a person or group of people. Images should show people from the front or side, not from the back. Any action taking place in the photo (e.g., wheelchair securement, ramp or lift use, assistance) should reflect appropriate implementation of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Close-ups of feet, hands, mobility devices, vehicle parts or transportation infrastructure will not be considered. We reserve the right to eliminate a photo from consideration if it is inappropriate.
- NADTC will own the rights to all submitted photographs and reserves the right to use them on any future publications, on our website or other social media sites. The copyright of all images will remain with Photographer. NADTC has permission to use the images in any official publications, website, and trade media. Distribution or access to high-resolution files and/or distribution of prints made from the digital images to others outside of NADTC for business or personal use not stated above is not permitted without permission of Photographer.
- You must complete and sign the Photo Release Form included as part of NADTC’s Photo Contest Entry Form. You or your organization must own all legal rights to the submitted photos and have in your files a paper copy of the release form from the individual pictured in the photo. If your organization submits a photograph of a stranger(s) and you were unable to get them to sign a release form, you may still enter your photograph(s). However, in order for the photo to be considered, you must provide a detailed description of the circumstances of your photograph. Photos that violate or infringe upon another person’s rights are not eligible.
All winning photographs will in some way represent the NADTC mission, showing accessible transportation for older adults and/or people with disabilities. Together, the winning photographs will:
- Show diversity.
- Include a variety of settings: Tribal, rural, suburban, and urban.
- Depict different transportation modes, such as: Dial-a-Ride, Fixed Route, Motor Coach, Commuter Rail, Bike Share, Paratransit, Shared Ride, Volunteer Transportation, Ferry or Float Plane.
Who selects the winners?
NADTC staff will review and select the top photographs and determine the winners of the First, Second and Third Place Prizes and the Honorable Mentions.
Will I be notified if my photo was/was not selected?
Yes. All entrants will be notified of the winning photo selection.
NADTC Staff Contact: Heather Edmonds, firstname.lastname@example.org