The National Aging & Disability Transportation Center and the National Rural Transit Assistance Program (NRTAP) welcome you to join us in this training on mobile/on-line trip planning on June 10, 2021 at 2:00 pm EST. You will learn about mobile apps and online tools for trip planning with an emphasis on teaching your clients/customers how to use them. Major topics covered in this one-hour workshop include:
- What is a mobile/on-line trip planner? Trip planners include Google maps, Apple Maps, Moovit, TransitApp and others. An example transit trip plan will be reviewed to enable the learner to view the results of a digitized trip plan.
- How are trip planners used? Includes planning a trip (leave now, later today or future day), minimizing walking distance on a trip, seeing stops along a route, changing instructions to a language other than English, viewing fares and transfers and much more.
- How are mobile/on-line trip planners used by those with mobility challenges? Individuals with low/ no vision and those in a wheelchair use apps and mobile adaptations to benefit from digitized trip planners.
- How do I teach another to use a trip planner? What is the best approach to teaching trip planning to older adults and those not comfortable with technology?
- Making my services available on trip planners. Mobile and on-line trip planning is not yet available in all communities. Why is that and what can you do about it?
As we welcome riders back to our transportation programs, they may need a refresher on using your services, so why not introduce them to an online or digitized trip planning tool?
- Marcy Jaffe, Principal, Transnnovation, Inc.
- Amelia Bostic, Advocate for Public Transit, North Carolina
This event will be captioned. If you require another access service to fully participate or have any questions about accessibility, please contact Carrie Diamond at email@example.com. To ensure the best experience, please try to contact us at your soonest convenience.