The course will be launched on October 22.
Course registrants will have until November 30, 2018 to complete course requirements.
Want to learn more about the course before you register?
Watch our short Introductory PowerPoint about the course.
NADTC’s Fall 2018 online course provides an in-depth look at volunteer transportation programs as an important option for meeting the transportation needs of older adults and people with disabilities in communities across the country. Volunteer transportation programs provide more than just a ride. Socialization and personalized services are key components to this transportation option, and the reason it is an attractive choice for many older adults and people with disabilities. Using the NADTC blog, “5 Keys of Successful Volunteer Driver Programs,” as a starting point, the course will explore various critical aspects of successful volunteer transportation programs. Though volunteer transportation programs share a number of common characteristics, individual programs are as varied as the communities they serve. The course will feature presenters from successful programs serving a variety of communities that use different approaches. The course platform is Section 508 compliant and will include pre-recorded presentations, a private discussion forum available to all course registrants, practical application assignments and a live webinar. This course is free, but you will need to register to gain access to the course. The course is also self–paced: participants will need to meet the completion deadline but may watch the provided videos and complete the assignments on their own time.
Course registrants will have the opportunity to:
- Hear from local programs as they explore the following topics:
- community context and collaboration;
- driver recruitment and retention;
- risk, liability and insurance;
- data collection; and
- measuring and sharing impact
- Learn about the specific needs volunteer transportation programs can and do address for older adults and individuals with disabilities.
- Gain a better understanding of what it takes to start or grow a volunteer transportation program in their local community.
- Learn about best practices for developing and maintaining a successful volunteer transportation program.
Registration is available through the NADTC Learning Center portal. After confirming your email address during self-registration, you will be prompted to complete a user profile. Registration will be open until October 26, 2018. Course materials will be posted starting October 22, 2018. The course is self-paced and participants can work through the materials on their own time.
For questions, contact Melissa Gray, Program Manager, National Aging and Disability Transportation Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.