2021 Equity and Accessibility: Transportation Planning Grant
Request for Proposals
*The deadline for submissions has passed*
The National Aging and Disability Transportation Center is pleased to announce a new funding opportunity entitled, Equity and Accessibility: Transportation Planning Grant Program. Planning grants provide an opportunity for communities to consider current and future needs, engage older adults and people with disabilities in planning, and develop a written plan of action.
Applicants are required to select one of two focus areas for their planning projects, as follows:
- Transportation Equity & Inclusion: Addressing the Transportation Needs and Preferences of Diverse Older Adults and People with Disabilities.
- COVID-19 Recovery: Addressing the Unique Transportation Needs and Preferences of Older Adults and People with Disabilities to Impact Social Isolation.
Grants of up to $20,000 each will be awarded to as many as 10 communities for five months. Contingent upon the availability of future funding and the achievement of specific milestones, awarded planning grantees will be given the opportunity to implement one or more priorities identified in their plans, to be funded at $50,000 each in FY 2022.
Local and regional public transportation, aging or disability governmental or nonprofit organizations may apply. Recipients of the Federal Transit Administration’s Section 5310, Enhanced Mobility of Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities Program, are encouraged to apply.
Critical dates for the 2021 Grant Opportunity
- July 15: Request for Proposals Published on NADTC Website
- July 23: NADTC Grant Application Portal Opens
- July 27 at 3 pm Eastern time: Zoom Meeting for Prospective Applicants
- August 6: Mandatory Letter of Intent to Apply Is Due
- No applications will be accepted without a letter of intent on file
- August 27 at 11:59 pm Eastern time: Applications are Due
How to Apply
- Access the full RFP here.
- Visit NADTC’s Application Portal to register and access the application. All forms associated with the RFP can be found in the Application Portal.
- For instructions on how to use this application portal, please see: How to Use the Online Application Portal
- All sections of the Application must be completed in order to submit it for review.
- Submit Application by August 27, 2021 11:59 pm ET
For more information, contact Melissa Gray, NADTC Senior Program Manager at email@example.com or 202-872-0888.